- Data Everywhere: Lessons from Big Data in the TV Industry
- Facebook’s “Emotional Contagion” Experiment: Was it Ethical?
- The Big Boulder Initiative: An Industry Association for Social Data
- Social Data for Social Good: Five Lessons from Academia
- Twitter Buys Gnip: What’s Next for the Social Data Ecosystem?
- New from @briansolis: The Disconnect in Connecting the Workplace goo.gl/z85ivV 22 hours ago
- Hey everyone: counting down to #dataeverywhere webinar on #bigddata and TV in 10. Reg here: bit.ly/1nOkxFG 1 day ago
- Tomorrow! Please join me for a webinar on #bigdata lessons from the TV Industry. buff.ly/1zFur0f #socialdata #socialtv 1 day ago
- RT @anildash: When did we agree to let media redefine everyone who uses social networks as fair game, with no recourse or consent? https://… 5 days ago
- RT @Econsultancy: Which data-related tools or types of technology do marketers use? ecly.co/1pcIULy http://t.co/SOb6xto6Tt 5 days ago
Category Archives: Quantified Self
Linguist Geoff Nunberg’s annual “Word of the Year” posts offer an instructive peek into the American psyche. In 2012, he chose “Big Data”. In 2013, his pick was (no, not “twerk”) “selfie.” Nunberg makes his selections based on dominant news stories, … Continue reading →
Back in September, I spoke on a panel at Dreamforce in which I used my Nike FuelBand to illustrate the difference between data and metrics, arguing that the difference is meaning: data is the raw material; metrics are one way … Continue reading →