- Data Everywhere: Lessons from Big Data in the TV Industry
- Facebook’s “Emotional Contagion” Experiment: Was it Ethical?
- The Big Boulder Initiative: An Industry Association for Social Data
- Social Data for Social Good: Five Lessons from Academia
- Twitter Buys Gnip: What’s Next for the Social Data Ecosystem?
- RT @davidweiner: Huge news from Tumblr for the CPG world: Tumblr Partner Will Now Scan Photos for Clues About Brand Affiliation http://t.co… 1 day ago
- RT @lawrencekmak: Fantastic #social discussion last night #chicago marketers and @setlinger #Altimeter #AdobeGettingSocial @AdobeSocial htt… 4 days ago
- RT @TechWarshaw: The researcher from that controversial Facebook user study is now drafting ethics guidelines for others http://t.co/rlqqt… 6 days ago
- Brilliant experiment by @mat on what happens when you like everything on @facebook. He does it so you don't have to. wrd.cm/1vxiha7 1 week ago
- In our latest report: A 7-step process for selecting your content marketing platform goo.gl/2wjbau #ContentRFP by @lieblink 1 week ago
Category Archives: Quantified Self
Linguist Geoff Nunberg’s annual “Word of the Year” posts offer an instructive peek into the American psyche. In 2012, he chose “Big Data”. In 2013, his pick was (no, not “twerk”) “selfie.” Nunberg makes his selections based on dominant news stories, … Continue reading →
Back in September, I spoke on a panel at Dreamforce in which I used my Nike FuelBand to illustrate the difference between data and metrics, arguing that the difference is meaning: data is the raw material; metrics are one way … Continue reading →